Monday 3 October 2011

A Shoe-Per Week!

Soooooo it's safe to say that my love of shoes took over me like a wave crashing over a beach, or just a wave of shoes crashing over my shoe-loving head.


I met up with a my two most close friends from sixth form, J & C, and after hunting down THE MOST EPIC salad of my life (Cafe Giardino.. I love you), it was time to spend some moo-lah.


For the last few weeks, I have had it in my head that I need Converse Allstars in my life, thanks to some inspiring, stylish friends of mine, who know who they be! I originally was after that dusky kind of blue colour standard hi-top style..


UNTIL...


I went into JD Sports and met these amazing babies.






And my oh my have they got a beautiful soul sole!






Probably not to many people's tastes but I am absolutely in love with them and can't wait to wear them (given the beautiful weather we've had in London for the last week, it would be a crime not to give the sandals one last moment of glory).  Next to the pair of "dusky blues" I originally liked, these ones just stole the show.


I think they would look great as they are folded down with shorts in the summer, and I might even try to get away with them with a skirt and really thick tights this winter (might... haha).  What makes them even more special is their versatility... you can fold up the pink to create a super hi-top:


Luckily for me, my friend J works at JD Sports so 25% discount was all mine :) From £52 down to £39 I think I have got a real winner here.


I thought I was done buying footwear until stepping into TopShop and finding my ideal winter boots, just waiting for me to buy them.  I have been looking for proper leather, smart-pretty boots for a good few years and I found them, I had to have them:




The leather is lovely and soft with a rough edge to it and the buckle detailing is what made me truly fall for them. They will literally go with ANYTHING this autumn/winter.  They're not too heavy, that I'd feel like I was walking a brick on days that aren't so cold, but not "light" either, as the leather feels very durable and there is room for some toasty socks in there too.

I had to buy a Size 7 however, something I'm finding a frequent occurrence lately with buying shoes. Are retailers downsizing their shoes or something, because there's no way my feet have grown at the ripe old age of 21 (nigh on 22).  But sock space is definitely required for a winter boot :-).

Of course.. the price tag. A not so healthy £85 and as I am no longer of student status, no discount here. (insert sobs here)



As if I hadn't done enough for one shopping trip I simply could not resist those typical TopShop ballerina-esque pumps that many people have, so I added them to the "basket" for a further £16. With no regrets as I wore them to work today and they are the most COMFORTABLE flattie shoes ever, the leather and materials are so soft and they look adorable, like I just stepped out of the dance studio (which I totes never will!)

And as if that wasn't enough...


I received a joyous email this afternoon from Office Shoes telling me I had won a £250 voucher for UGG Australia boots! Don't even get me started about my love of UGGS, I already have three, but I have been hankering after a pair of Kensingtons for a couple of years now, and have had to stop myself several times, but now they shall be mine!






& so with that, this lucky, shoe-aholic is signing off for the night.


xo

1 comment: