Wednesday 9 November 2011

4 Birthdays. Same Old Hair

Instead of sleeping, which is what normal people do at almost-3am, I was having a little reflection over old photos on FaceBook. Because, I haven't got to get up for work in the morning; not.

Anyway, I came to the awful realisation that for the past four birthdays I've had - that's 19, 20, 21 and now 22 - I have gone out in my little party dress rocking the SAME OLD MO'FO hairstyle!

Granted, there are slight variations: there was a bit of the old side fringe going on in all but my last birthday, and there is some definite differentiations in hair length and curl type or rather, "curl ugliness" let's be real.

As you can see from the picture I have collaged together using Diptic for iPhone:
19                                                20                                                       21                                                 22

- At 19, I look SO young, my face is round, make up is basically not there (even though it was) AND those curls are awful. I had them done with rollers at my local hairdresser. Great then, but looking back.. Wah. I thought I looked so hot that night. Paaah. Nights like these make me want to delete all photo albums from FB pre-2010.

- At 20.. Ah, I remember this phase i entered of falling in love a bit TOO deeply with the old bronzer. And it was bog standard Maybelline I'm sure. These curls were done with a straightening iron (most prob a GHD) at a different hairdresser. And I definitely knew what false eyelashes were, at last.

- 21. Sigh. Feels like forever ago. Actually another roller at hairdresser job. But not so bad, bigger rollers are better. I remember being absolutely coated in St Tropez in prep for this night, and thinking that in most of my photos that night, I looked like Big Bird (aka very yellow). I still look quite young though.

22 - I have been saying this all year and I'm gonna put it in writing: MY FACE HAS AGED. I'm not saying "I have wrinkles" but seriously, I very rarely look in the mirror anymore and think "this is the face of a little girl". I'm becoming more of an actual woman infront of my own eyes and it's scary.
Anyway.. THESE curls were acheived with the wonders of the Babyliss Curling Wand, which is FYI the only curling thing I have personally used that lasts. What infuriates me is that I have the jumbo Glamour Curls iron from the SAME brand and my hair ALWAYS drops that style. Also, don't tell anyone.. But a little bit of this photo isn't my hair. Only a little. Don't tell anyone or I'll know it's you.

I don't really know what I'm concluding here except 1) When I turn 23 I will NOT be curling my hair and 2) I'm getting old.

Enjoy life xo

No comments:

Post a Comment