Tuesday 1 November 2011

The Joys of ASOS Timed Sales: Suede & Shearling Shoe Boot Wedge

If you're an ASOS lurver, like me, then you may know by now that every Sunday for the next few weeks ASOS.com are having timed sales from 6pm GMT that go on for 14 hours each time.  They pick an area of apparel and slash prices by 50%!


The first week they had a sale on loads of beautiful party dresses. I bought a couple, but returned one of them as the fit was awful.  The other one I tried in a size 12 fit fine at the bust and looked great from the front, but it  was stupidly baggy in the back, so I have returned it in the hope that the Size 10 will fit.  


This is it here on the left, I just love the curvy block of purple in the middle.  It would give a more straight, boyish figure the illusion of gorgeous curves, and on someone "curvy" like me, I think it could only furthermore compliment my figure.  I used to lust over this dress in the Black/Camel version and after seeing it in this colourway, I knew I had to have it as the other version was always sold out which made me sad. Ha.


Anyway, this dress usually retails at £49.00, but because of the wonderful sale, I got it for £24.50 *insert massive grin here*.


Anyway I am clearly going off on a tangent because what I actually wanted to show you all was the bargain I got in Week 2 of the Sunday Sales.  This week was the winter coats and knits sale, and while I was looking for a new coat to don for the winter I found myself staring at these shoe-boot wedges.


Originally a hefty £65.00, they were reduced down to £32.50 and thanks to my uncle sending me a graduation ASOS voucher of which I had £8 left to play with, I spent £24.50 in total on THESE:





They are made from real suede, with a shearling lining and they look beautiful on.  I can see them being worn with jeans, leggings, opaque tights with shorts/skirts/dresses.  They are really comfortable also, not too high.  For £32.50 that is a bargain.






To be honest, I wouldn't buy them full price as I don't think the quality FULLY matches the price tag. The externals all look great but the actual structure around the ankle FEELS like cardboard covered with suede.  But for the price I paid, I got a bargain, considering how most "cheap shoe" retailers would sell a similar style for the same price that isn't even made of suede.


Got to keep my eye out for clear skies with these little beauties though.  The rain would definitely ruin the suede.  I have already Suede-Protect-Sprayed them :)




xo

1 comment:

  1. these swede boots are gorgeous :) i want them , they look so comfy xx poppymale.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete